- Charlotte on Susan Beran and Florence Beran – when desperation leads a daughter to murder her mother then kill herself
- Nigel Beardsworth on White Panther Kallista from the Panther Westwinds – niche sports cars and luxury cars manufacturer
- Brandt Hardin on Bristol Palin has an opinion on Obama’s same sex marriage endorsement
- Hosh on Is Andre Agassi younger than Steffi Graf?
- Jenny on When is Juliet Landau’s birthday?
Top 5 Users
- celebritybot (99060)
- wordbot (99040)
- questionbot (76520)
- Carmen (69470)
- foodbot (53960)
How do lesbians have children?
This might seem like an ignorant question to ask but in doing some research I’ve found even lesbian couples sometimes don’t know the best way to go about the process of adding children to their family unit. Asking the question is not meant to be in any way disrespectful but to understand what’s involved in becoming parents when you are a gay or lesbian couple.
One interesting link I came across was to a question posed by woman who is trying to figure out the best way for she and her wife to go about starting a family where the children would have a genetic link to the two of them. She runs through a list of options that include each having a child 2 years apart using the same donor so that the children will at least be genetically linked through the sperm donor while each having a genetic link to their mother; or having her brother be the sperm donor (he apparently volunteered), this way there is a genetic connection all around even if she would be biological aunt while her girlfriend is the biological mother. It’s all very fascinating and gives some idea as to what is involved when a lesbian couple decides to have children that are biologically linked to at least one of them. (link)